Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Your bride is beautiful from her neck up!


How uncomfortable and horrible it would be if someone would tell you that about the person you are marrying… “Congrats!! But the person you are marrying is gorgeous from his/her neck up” We would probably feel like that person is disrespecting us. If we would feel bad about it, imagine how Jesus feels when we talk about His bride like that, the church. Can you imagine how he feels? I have heard people including myself talk bad about the church at times. God’s word says that the church is His bride, which he paid with death for the church. And as imperfect as it may be it deserves our respect and love. Why? Some may ask, simply because Jesus died for it. I’m not talking about the walls, buildings, a social group or organization; I’m talking about the organism the church is. Is it imperfect? Yes. Does it make mistakes? Yes. Does it have people I don’t get along with? Yes. Remember that nobody is perfect. The church is made out of people just like you and I. Imperfect people that make mistakes, and sometimes don’t get along.  There is a huge difference between constructive criticism which supports and it is part of the solution and destructive criticism which it just talks, talks, talks and does nothing.

With that said I don’t only want to motivate you to give the church another chance but to look for one that is as imperfect as you and I, but a healthy one as well. If God gives it so many opportunities, who are we not to do the same. And with time, sacrifice and love we may learn to apply what Ephesians 4:1-6 says:

1 Therefore I, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting[a] one another in love, 3 diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us. 4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope[b] at your calling— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.

This love for one another shows the world that God is real. We need each other like charcoal, it needs to be close to another to be on and stay on and cook a delicious BBQ together. But if you are away and alone chances are you won’t stay on for very long.

On another note, I want to apologize for not writing in my blog the past month. On my last blog I had a prayer request for all of you, I needed guidance for my family and I. Thank you for all your prayers, and for those that didn’t pray for me, don’t worry I have forgotten to pray for prayer requests at times too. With patience I accept you lol. Well, I have been busy seeking for that guidance and I finally got the green light to start what God put in my heart. On Friday 13th (not superstitious) we will begin a group in Spanish in my house so that together we can learn to apply God's word in our lives, and to guide others to be followers of Christ. I ask for your prayers so that we can continue to magnify God daily.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment