Monday, February 20, 2012

We got twins!!


“Oh my God, your son looks just like you!” is a phrase I’ve gotten use to listening to. Most families go through that, kids have the blessing to get ones good looks or the tragedy to have your spouse’s looks… that will get me in trouble :p. But seriously, there are times when my son really looks like me when I was his age whether it’s physically or an expression. The famous phrase “like father, like son” describes the situation.

The same phrase applies to our relationship with God. His word says that He created us in His image but sin, which is everything that goes against what God is, separated us… something like trying to mix water and oil; you just can’t. Then Jesus came to die for our sins, to pay for our debt, which was death; an eternity without being able to have a relationship with our maker. So he died for us, made us clean, debt free. God’s word says that those who accept that sacrifice by believing in Him and that His death and resurrection was for them, even though we were not there to witness it first hand, we will become God’s children. Don’t worry I won’t lecture anyone or condemn anyone’s eternity, I just have to explain it so I can make my point ;)

With that said, we could agree that God does not want us to follow a bunch of rules. I used to think that God just had for me a list of do’s and don’ts. Boy was I wrong; let’s just say life can be a lot easier and less frustrating when you follow directions. Just think about assembling furniture… READ THAT MANUAL BEFORE YOU BEGIN!! All He is trying to do is help us be more like Him. Not to control us but to help us.
 
God imprinted himself in us; he imprinted his essence, his character and nature. I’m not talking about us becoming Gods, what I’m saying is that our life needs to reflect His humility, gentleness, patience, acceptance, love, unity, peace, hope, faith, truth, forgiveness, honesty, purity, grace, kindness and compassion. Ephesians 4: 2 – 3, 17 – 32. We are to replicate them in every aspect in life, at home, at work, with your parents, your in-laws, siblings, friends and foes. 

I’m not saying it’s easy, I’m not judging anyone that doesn’t do it all the time or at all, God knows I’ve flunked all of those. All I’m saying is let’s strive for more, I know God wants us to be more like Jesus and He is aware of our humanity and our limitations but we do have His help and the capacity to choose. One day at a time, step by step we’ll be able to look more like dad! 

If you don’t know if you can call God “dad”, all you got to do is tell Him the following “God, I’ve sinned, I need you. I believe your death paid my debt and your resurrection gave me the opportunity to be your son/daughter and spend eternity with you. I accept you as my father, as my savior and lord. Thank you!”

Let our goal be for our lives to make the “invisible” God, visible in this world.

Till next time everyone…

2 comments:

  1. The best thing is that a son doesn't try to be like his father, he just is. God has made us in his image and we carry that divinity within us by inheritance not acomplishments. As we seek him and dwell with him we will be more and more like our fathers. Like the movie that we watched yesterday where the guy said "you're definitely so and so's kid"...no matter where life take us, because we have been adopted and called to be His children, people will always see that there's no doubt God is our father. Praise God christianity is not something that you work or on but a miracle of life that has formed in us. A life born inside us, the Spirit of God himself dwelling and forming us now into the image of our brother Jesus. I love my Father for this...It's a breeze of fresh air to know that I just am his child regardless. Thanks baby for sharing these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! you are right! That's why its important to stay connected or plugged in with God because on our own we will have a mix of God and our sinful nature. Once our life's are aligned to His will, we have a much greater chance to naturally just look more like Him. Even tho it is not always an easy task. Just with our kids, which i love to death it is hard sometimes to show all these attributes, but as we learned before... We are powerless but He is not! It is a relief to know that no matter what God loves us and that we are His children. Thank you for reading and sharing!

      Delete