Monday, February 6, 2012

Inside Out


I was very pleased last week sharing with all of you my journey and just looking at the stats on my blog, it had quite a good amount of viewers and from some parts of the world I was not expecting, I guess God reaches as he pleases. 
 
I’m amazed with human nature, you probably have heard the saying “tragedies bring out the best or worst in people”. Something horrible happens in the world and you have a good amount of people giving it all they can to help all these people in great need. I mean we have 9/11, earthquakes, tsunamis; you name it and there will be people willing to give even their lives to help. Of course you also see the ones that actually take advantage of other people’s misery by stealing food or property, even willing to take someone else’s life to obtain whatever it’s needed to “survive”. But when I see people helping out I usually get teary eyes and wish I was there helping but for whatever reason, usually work and other responsibilities I am not there. I bet I’m not the only one that feels that way…


We’ll this week I was studying the same chapter we were discussing last week, Genesis 24:42-46 and Eliezer was looking for a wife for Isaac, Abraham’s son. He asked God to give him success that day and find a woman for Isaac with the characteristics he requested below.

42 "Today when I came to the spring, I prayed: Lord, God of my master Abraham, if only You will make my journey successful! 43 I am standing here at a spring. Let the virgin who comes out to draw water, and I say to her: Please let me drink a little water from your jug, 44 and who responds to me, 'Drink, and I'll draw water for your camels also'-let her be the woman the Lord has appointed for my master's son.45 "Before I had finished praying silently, there was Rebekah coming with her jug on her shoulder and she went down to the spring and drew water. So I said to her: Please let me have a drink. 46 She quickly lowered her jug from her [shoulder] and said, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels also.' So I drank, and she also watered the camels.

Not only she had served him but she also served his camels, which by the way she drew A LOT of water to give to all his camels.  And if you read the chapter you’ll notice that she also offered him a place to sleep and food. This is where I’m going with this. Eliezer was not in a disaster or tragedy. He just had a mission, a task; and all he did was ask for water and he got that plus water for all his camels, a place to sleep and food from a complete stranger.


I’m grateful for all those people that help during disasters but we do not need something out of the ordinary to happen to show our true colors. Every day we have the opportunity to show kindness to one another, maybe sometimes a complete stranger. Most people want to show kindness or be selfless when there is chaos but true kindness is shown in a daily basis as well. What better example than Jesus‘s life. The bible says that God is love and if God lives in us than Love is in us. We can all do something in our daily life for someone else. There is no excuse on that one. Who knows one day that stranger that needs a hand might be you or someone you love.  Let’s keep growing and glowing from the inside out!
Just wanted to share this song with everyone, click here and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment